Interweaving Play Therapy Theories and Interventions: A Mountain Top Retreat
LIVE in Park City, Utah August 3-5, 2023
with Clair Mellenthin, Dr. Jessica Stone and Dr. Robert Jason Grant.
Get 16 APT contact hours and 16 NBCC Credit Hours during this 3-day workshop
What's this training about?
There exists a multitude of techniques within the modality of play therapy, but what do we need to understand about the integrative rhythm of play therapy theory, intervention, and the complexities of the individual client? Join us in the beautiful mountains of Park City, Utah as we deconstruct and conceptualize the utilization of play therapy interventions within a mindful theory based approach designed to support individual client manifestations and address play therapy goals.
Understanding why you are doing what you are doing is crucial to practice play therapy in a competent, confident manner.
Join us as we dive into the whys and the whats that make play therapy work.
This retreat is perfect for the new or experienced play therapist. As a participant, you will go beyond your current skill set and develop a new perspective in your play therapy practice with individual, family, and group work.
Come ready to take a deeper exploration into the synthesis of play therapy theory and intervention.
Participants will leave with a toolbox of interventions, a solid understanding of how theory and practice interweave throughout, and have plenty of time for self-care and relaxation in the mountainous beauty of Utah!
- Analyze the difference and similarities of the seminal play therapy theories.
- Analyze various family systems through the lens of attachment theory to strengthen clinical assessment skills.
- Conceptualize attachment patterns that impact parent-child relationships to further advance your clinical practice.
- Implement play therapy interventions to foster engagement with parents in family play therapy in order to repair, and enhance the parent-child relationship.
- Conceptualize how play therapy interventions align with play therapy theory.
- Deconstruct play therapy interventions for alignment with client individualization.
- Describe the theoretical and therapeutic goal purpose for implementation of a specific play therapy intervention.
- Explain content, purpose and goal alignment of play therapy interventions to parents and third parties.
- Describe at least 2 digital play therapy interventions to implement with clients.
- Practice 4 play therapy interventions to implement with families.
- Describe at least 4 play therapy interventions to implement with groups.
- Identity integration processes and perspective when implementing play therapy interventions.
- Determine the developmental stages of attachment needs and behaviors to identify maladaptive responses in children and families.
- Explore various components of self-compassion and discuss its clinical applications and importance in working traumatized clients.
- Apply mindfulness skills and practice in play therapy treatment to promote self-soothing and affect regulation.
- Complete a journal prompt regarding the conceptualization of play therapy theory and technique.
- Complete a reflective/experiential exercise regarding personal growth in theory/intervention/client coalescence.
- Understand their own “fit” as a play therapist working from a theoretical knowledge and implementing play therapy interventions.
Who is the workshop for?
Play Therapists, Mental Health Counselors, Psychologists, Child and Family Therapists who work with children and their caregivers.
- 16 APT CONTACT HOURS from Robert Jason Grant Ed.D is an APT Approved Provider #12-318 for continuing education. Visit a4pt.org to learn more about APT (Association for Play Therapy).
- For those completing the RPT credential, the 16 hours can be counted as up to 6 toward seminal theory and up to 6 toward skills and methods. The remainder and any of the 16 can count toward special topics and applicants choice.
- 16 NBCC Credit Hours AutPlay Therapy Clinic has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6595. Visit nbcc.org to learn more about NBCC.
Where is the training?
The conference is being held and the beautiful GRAND SUMMIT RESORT in Park City, Utah
Located at: 4000 Canyons Resort Drive, Park City, Utah, 84098 Our discounted room start at just $209 per night and did you see the pool? Park City has all sorts of fun summer activities for you to explore and enjoy nature.
BREAKFAST, LUNCH and SNACKS INCLUDED!!